Sunday, September 21, 2008

ANOTHER TALE FROM RED-NECK-VILLE


Just the other day I went to the local pizza spot to pick up a "to go" order. This restaurant has a side door for take out orders. I take my happy self into the restaurant go to the counter and proceed to pay for the food when this lady and her small son (around 3 years old) come running by me with mom shouting "come on come on". The first thing that pops into my head is that the kid is about to "loose his cookies". Me being a compulsive germ FREAK when it comes to the stomach flu, I quickly use my back to push the door that they just exited through open. Hopefully not catching anything. Stressed about being possibly "exposed" I journey to my car, look to my left and the kid is not "loosing his cookies" but watering the grass.

I am 100% sure that the restaurant has a bathroom with several stalls in each. I was relieved I had not been exposed to the stomach flu but blown away that some mom would rush her kid outside of a restaurant to go potty.... in the parking lot. Only in red-neck-ville.

1 comment:

Tickled Pink And Green said...

This actually happened to my family in....Nantucket (wasp-ville)!!

We were eating outside on the picnic tables along with many others at this well known sandwich place one summer. All of a sudden I looked up and not far from the eating area, a GIRL (who was WAY too old to be doing this - 8?) had "pushed over" her bathing suit bottom in order to take a pee right there on the grass. My whole family saw and we were silent as our jaws dropped.

Needless to say, I lost my appetite.